Sunday, December 9, 2007

Gingerbread houses and Santa

We had a wonderful holiday weekend starting with driving around seeing the Christmas decorations and ending with a visit to Santa. The kids loved looking at all the lights and the snowmen are great for bribing them when I'm ready to leave somewhere. Snowman, snowman, snowman they can't get enough and honestly neither can I!




We went to Grandmas last night to decorate gingerbread houses last night, I thought it was going to be a nightmare eating more than decorating not getting the whole idea but I was wrong. Well not totally they did eat WAY to much candy Katie put 2 layers of candy on her roof eating the first one. Aunt Katie helped Katie decorate hers, Uncle James helped James decorate his and mommy and Grandma took turns helping Abigail. They picked their own candy and put it exactly where they wanted taking very little advice or suggestions from us silly adults.





Today we went to the McMoms Christmas party a little late so we didn't get to party much put they needed a little nap. The kids were so excited to see Santa but only Katie would go near him and sit on his lap. Katie loves Santa she is just amazed by the big man in the red suit. James stopped about 10 feet away and grabbed hold of me and that's all the encouragement Abigail needed to do the same. So I sat on the floor consoling them while Katie saw him.


Finally I was able to sit down next to Santa and hold Abigail and James, while Santa held Katie and hopefully someone will share that picture with me soon since obviously I couldn't take it!





Ended the day with a nice fire that they pleaded with daddy to "turn it on", and some nice footy jammies. Oh its so cold I don't know how I'll ever get us out to the gym in the morning.......

No comments: