Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm Back!!!

Sorry I haven't posted sooner things have been a little off here. We came back Friday night and then I had to work Saturday, Sunday and Monday AM at 4 am that really throws everything for me. No one should have to get up at 3 AM that's just wrong on all levels!

I have also had serious issues with pictures not sure if it's my computer or what but I've had trouble with One True Media and Walgreens so forgive me. I'm working on pictures to share I promise.

The trip was wonderful we had a great time and I think everyone got along really well especially considering how many of us there were. The house was beautiful 2 story 4 bedroom 3 1/2 bath with a fenced in yard and only a very small dune seperating us from the beach. We made a pallet for the kids on the floor in our room and they slept wonderfully someone always stayed with them until they were out but once out they slept great. I did learn they are serious movers though like me and we always found them scattered in far different places than they started.

The trip there and back was 6 hours and the kids were great although they did ask about 20 minutes in if we were at the beach yet. We watched Dora and Diego for pretty much the entire trip. They slept very little either way and yet they were still well behaved.

The beach was nice and they loved it not scared at all like last year. I was afraid to let Abigail more than 6 inches away from me because she LOVED the water and discovered that she could hold her breath and go under, this was not good for my nerves let me tell you. Katie and James were a little more reserved but they definitely enjoyed it as long as the waves were strong enough to knock them down or splash them in the face. We made and knocked down lots of sandcastles.

We took a ferry ride from Galveston to Crystal Beach and this was a very LONG boring trip the ride itself lasted 15-20 minutes but the 1 1/2 hour wait to get on was ridiculous! We took a duck ride which is a really old vehicle that travels on water and land another boring trip. We also went to the aquarium and the kids really liked that, Abigail ran from one exhibit to the next shouting "lets see more".

Katie stepped on a piece of hot coal that fell out of the grill on our last night there and has a good blister on the underside of 2 of her toes but she really hasn't complained to much about it and it doesn't look like it is infected or anything so I'm just watching it. Uncle Robbie stepped on one to she keeps telling me and he has an owie like her.

They were pretty rotten when we got home and it took a couple of days to get them to stop all the whining but they did sleep like little champs for the first 3 days!!


I promise to share pics soon and I'm going to try to be better about posting. It has been really difficult since I started back to work and things are a little strained at home right now putting me in a little bit of a funk but I'm going to try to be better I promise.

2 comments:

Dorinda said...

Glad you are back safely and that you had a good trip. I do hope you get things working with your photos because I would love to see pictures :)

Sounds like you had fun - that's wonderful. I hope you got a break as well.

Hilary said...

yeah I am glad that fun was had by everyone!! The house sounded perfect too! The pictures are too cute..I love little kiddos in their bathing suits :) Glad you had a safe trip too. Have a happy 4th of July next week....