Friday, January 2, 2009

RSV take 2, and then 3

Happy New Year!!! Hopefully starting the new year out with sick kids doesn't set a precedent for the rest of the year.

Took Katie to the dr this morning, I knew she had RSV since she started out exactly as James did a couple of weeks ago. However her cough is WAY worse than his was and since I knew the dr wouldn't prescribe a cough syrup without seeing her I took her in this morning. The dr listened to her chest for a minute and then excused himself. He came back with a pulse ox and after about a minute said "OK I won't send her to the hospital, right now". I'm thinking wow wait a minute are you saying you were thinking about it? I only wanted some cough syrup so we can all sleep a little. Her pulse ox was jumping between 85 and 93 but it would stay at 93 for several seconds so he didn't admit her. Thank God I really don't want to take my baby to the hospital!

He looked in one ear and said "bulging with puss", looks in the other ear and says "bulging with puss". Great so on top of RSV we have a double ear infection! We have to do breathing treatments 3 times a day for 5 days, Omnicef for the ear infection and pheneragan for the cough. If her breathing is labored we are to go to the ER otherwise we return in 2 weeks. Poor Baby!

Abigail started running a fever of 103 on New Years Eve and her cough started yesterday so I figure we have another day or so before the nasty cough really starts since that has been the course with the other 2. Anyway I can keep them in separate rooms 24 hours a day for the next 2 weeks? Just so no one gets this again?

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!!!

7 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

How awful! Is there nothing they can do proactively to prevent Abigail from getting RSV? I can't imagine anything worse than going through this multiple times. I will say a prayer that none of your trio end up in the hospital!

Hagen and Mason said...

I'll say a prayer for you and your family --- I hope everyone gets better!

Elyse said...

POOR babies :( Hang in there and prayers are coming your way!!
~Elyse~

Sugar Mommy said...

Poor Sweeties! I am sending you healthy vibes and lots of thoughts!

Hilary said...

That's so horrible...get better!!

Dorinda said...

Oh no! I am so sorry. I hope everyone feels better soon. I hate RSV.

MDtripmom said...

Ugh! This must be so frustrating after all you have done to keep your babes healthy. I wish them all a speedy recovery and you a ton of patience! :)