Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Toddler Triplets can be fun!

Some days I can't wait for nap time and then I count down the minutes for bed. Sometimes I start thinking about opening a bottle of wine long before 5o'clock anywhere! Then there are days maybe even just hours that I think "wow this must be what true happiness is".

We go through phases of each some are very short and others last a while. Potty training triplets is definitely not high on my list of fun things and certainly not one of those things I'm sad I won't get to do again. However who ever said that diapers were more of a pain than having them potty training LIED! I may never again have a meal in a restaurant that isn't interrupted 50 times with "I need to potty". I may visit every bathroom between here and Oklahoma at least once and I will miss the ease of changing a diaper in 5 seconds and being done with it!

James is doing awesome, we had some tough days going through every pair of underwear the boy had and the girls love to remind him to "push your penis down". today we ran errands and were gone for about 3 hours and James kept his pull up dry the whole time and Katie wore panties and kept them dry! This was the first time I've attempted to leave the house without a pull up on any of the kids but she did great. Abigail still has a poop accident every couple of days and she couldn't really care less if her pull up gets wet while we are out but she does great at home.

I signed the kids up for gymnastics today and I'm so excited they are finally big enough to take any classes, up until now there had to be one adult per child and well, I'm a little out numbered!

Tonight after bath Katie snuggled on my lap and played with my hair and "cut" my fingernails and patted me. Then she said "I love you mommy". I'm hearing more and more of those precious, wonderful words these days without prompting and wow it feels good! They also like to tell me I'm pretty and I'm a good cooker. Is this what it feels like to be popular? Being looked up to and having a "group" think your cool? I never was the cool person in school but I sure feel like one of the cool group now!

They are so much fun when they aren't so much work! If only I could get them to clean up their messes and I could figure out a way to make them sit at the dinner table without a thousand spills. They love to play chase and hide n seek, and my personal favorite is watching them play ring around the Rosie with daddy. They comfort each other when they are sad and hurt and they talk to each other like real people.

I know this post is a lot of rambling today but I can't help but feel overwhelmed with love and appreciation for my children tonight and I really just wanted to share with everyone how much fun my kids are!

7 comments:

Amy Kilpatrick said...

You know you are TRULY blessed and I am SO glad today you felt that overwhelming feeling of joy for your family! There definitely seems to be more tough days than not, but, in the end, you wouldn't trade 'em in for the world!

Yes, you are the most popular person in your house! Isn't it a great feeling? I don't think I ever thought about it like that before, so THANK YOU for pointing that out.

You are an awesome Mommy, Misty! I see that everytime we meet see all of you. Thank you for sharing your amazing triplets with us. We love you guys and will miss you all deeply when we move... :o( Love ya, girl!

Amy Kilpatrick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

Misty,
You crack me up..we must be living a parallell(sp?) life these days..it makes me feel good to hear the kiddos say they love me..Lanta always tells me I am a good cooker and the best Mommy..So sweet!.
Potty training is so crazy!! We will have an awesome week then the next week there are accidents all over the place YIKES!! Gymnastics sounds like alot of fun! Wish we lived closer because I have been wanting to but August in something like that. He is so flexiable. Have a great week..good luck as always with potty training..love the put your penis down..August always says really loud that he is shaking it when he's done..boys!!!

Dorinda said...

They get more and more fun by the day! As Kaitlyn and Caleb have gotten older it's fun to see how we can talk to them and just hang out. I look forward to playing board games with the triplets someday! Just the little things get better.

As for potty training - I wait until they are ready on their own. Diapers may be more expensive but what does peace of mind go for these days? I'm thinking probably more then diapers would cost me :)

Misty said...

Wow potty training! You will have to email me with details on this. I cna't decided if we are ready or not!
Yeah on the gymnastic classes! I just signed ours up for Little gym. They seemed to really enjoy the first. Hopefully this week will go as good!
Misty

Debbie said...

Hi - I wanted to leave you a comment because 1)you have been so sweet to leave me comments on my blog and 2) we are SO MUCH ALIKE! I read your last entry and thought,"wow, there is someone else out there who feels the exact same way as I do! Your triplets are lovely.

Brandy said...

Misty,

Potty training gets so much easier and what a relief to be able to go out of the house without a "Diaper Bag"!!! Now a days I carry a big purse and just keep a pair of undies and shorts for each child. There are just sometime that we just cant get to that potty. The boys were my late pottiers Alison had it down January of 07 and I could not get the boys to do it until May and June of 07. Just hang in there and I know it makes for alot of laundry just keep them in those undies. I wish you all of the best of luck. I would never want to go through that again. By the way I cant believe how big the Kiddos are!!

Brandy