Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pee Pee in the Potty!!

My baby boy is now pee peeing in the potty!!!! I'm so excited in 24 hours he has only had one accident. I'm so excited and proud of him I can't hardly stand it.

He is very proud of himself and even more excited to wear "panties". I keep trying to correct him that boys wear underwear but he has heard panties so long with the girls now he just isn't getting it.

Now if I can just figure out how to get him to hold it down when he pees so he quits peeing everywhere we would be doing wonderful. Poor Abigail was standing in front of him yesterday when he peed for the first time and he peed on her! It was very funny. I've told daddy that he has to teach him I can't but since daddy is only home for an hour in the morning and an hour at night before bed it is going to be really hard.

The really tough part is rewarding him and not the girls they don't really understand. It was one thing when they were potty training and I told him he couldn't have a treat because he didn't pee pee in the potty, they do so I can't use that line now. I've been using group rewards so far as in if James pee pees on the potty all day they all had m&m's last night. If James poops in the potty we can share I pack of smarties. Not sure what else to do since he isn't really into stickers like the girls were/are.

As for swimming I now have 3 future olympic swimmers! They have all lost their fear of the open water (not sure this is a good thing since we have a pool in our backyard). They all jump in the pool from the side and Abigail can even swim without her floats and loves to be pushed down so she can sit on the bottom. I insist she wear arm floats when I'm by myself but when there is someone else in the water she is doing great all by herself.

If I could only figure out now how to get them in swim lessons. I don't have any help and everyone requires 1 adult per child at this age so I guess we will have to wait one more year. Thats probably fine anyway since they would most likely forget everything in a year anyway.

Ok I gotta go buy some potty treats and boys pull ups! Yay maybe I can quit buying diapers by the time they are 3!!!!

4 comments:

Dorinda said...

Yea James! Good job! Getting the boys out of diapers is so hard - I know you're looking forward to no diapers X 3!!

As for swimming, do you have room for another set of triplets? I promise we'd help watch your trio too :)

Amber S. said...

Yea!! That is really exciting news. Go James!

Hilary said...

GO James GO!! That is soooo great!! Enjoy the rest of your Summer with your swimmers! That's great they love the pool so much and you have one in your yard..lucky :) have a super week

Anonymous said...

Try putting cheerios or fruit loops in the potty and tell James to hit them. This worked wonders with my Mother's Day Out boys when they were potty-training!!