Monday, February 11, 2008

Dinnertime Woes

Where oh where did my good little eaters go? Where oh where did they go?

Dinnertime has become such a fiasco that many nights I would just like to throw my hands up and say whatever!

Dinner at my house is usually just me and the kids, Jim comes home just before bed. I try to make something simple and healthy for the kids and I. Tonight dinner was enchilada layer cake (yummy weight watchers recipe) and sauted zucchini and onions. There was nothing new on the plate they have eaten this before, they all wanted onions and sour cream like me. Katie just liked the sour cream off her spoon and then played, James just sat there and asked repeatedly for more milk. My Abigail my usually not so great dinner eater was eating ahhhhhhh. I finally took the plates away and James and Katie and informed them they were through and welcome to get down at any time, this turned into full on scream so off to the quiet chair one at a time. Once they calmed down they started playing in the living room until I brought out the grapes for Abigail and then they were right back at the table again. I told them no grapes for them they didn't eat dinner, again back to the quiet chair for Katie and then James.

This continued until Abigail got down and I did the dishes. So my children went to bed without any dinner! OMG am I a bad mommy or what?!!? I refuse to be a short order cook they eat what they are served or they wait for the next meal. If it is something new and they try it and don't like it I'll make them a PBJ but only in that instance.

Here are some new pics notice the new orange shirt? I love this shirt!

4 comments:

The Rogers Triplets said...

Listen...when I grew up if I didn't eat what was on the table too bad. I didn't eat at all then. There was no alternative dish offerred and I was the only child at home. This included dishes like liver and onions. I do feel I was somewhat mistreated with that one. I grew up to love all foods, except liver, of course. You did the right thing. They are big enough to make choices now. They chose not to eat. Therefore, if they went to bed without eating, that was their choice... Great reasoning, right?

My name is Tammie said...

I loooove that orange shirt! Where did you get that one? I need one. Hell, I need three!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I have one picky eater - well eats nothing much but if tossing food was an olympic sport he would win Gold.

My friend's son had a t shirt that said I am tired and emotional on at playgroup this week.

I heard on the radio yesterday -a guy who wrote a new book before your kids drive you crazy,Read this ... don't worry if kids don't eat - they will when they are hungry.Take the food away and there is no battle. No stress. Soon they will get hungry and decide to eat .ie they won't starve.
I am giving it a try from today.LOL ask me in a few days

Tripletblessed said...

Tammie- Walmart!

Amore- let me know how it goes!