Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Zoo much fun

What do you do when the weather is a gorgeous 80+ degrees? Well if you live near one of the best zoos of course you pack a lunch and head straight over! Yesterday was one of those perfect days that really make me glad to be a SAHM.

Got the kids up, fed, and dressed and met some friends at the zoo for a morning of fun. We renewed our membership because both Jim and I adore the zoo and can't wait for the kids to feel the same, and I can honestly say 2 of the 3 think it's pretty cool! Any guesses who's still holding out?

James my poor scarddy cat little man! It really started with lots of promise but quickly the baby monkey terrified my son. If I had a video camera I swear I could have won America's Funniest Home Videos! We were standing behind a small space of glass watching the monkeys swing and play and this little monkey about James size ran straight to the glass in front of James and smacked the glass and ran off, I promise the monkey was laughing! The girls squealed in excitement and I about died laughing but James screamed! The baby was playing with him, maybe it was a boy monkey and he has 2 sisters as well and he was saying "hey buddy I know how ya feel".

This was not our 1st trip to the zoo we had memberships last year and I took them at least once a month through the spring and summer. This was however the most fun trip. We took a single stroller and my friend with 3 year old twins brought her double and the kids all took turns riding. I really wanted them to walk more just to get used to it but they wanted to ride in the stroller. It was so nice not to have that giant triplet stroller or the choo choo wagon that while is adorable is a pain in the a** to get through lots of people and even more difficult to get close to the animals.

The best part was we weren't an exhibit at the zoo! You triplet mommies know what I mean. Even though they were all in matching orange shirts (so I could quickly find them in a crowd if we got separated), I only had one are they triplets comments! This was pretty cool we didn't get tons of stares and all the bigger kids weren't pointing and yelling look 3 babies! Usually people are trying to run me down or follow me and yelling can I see your babies, are those twins? You know the stupid comments that prolong your visit even longer and makes you want to shield your children from the ignorant questions that are sure to follow?

I have to admit though in a way it was a little sad I have gotten so used to all the extra attention and of course I think my children rock so it was pretty different.

5 comments:

Is it always triple trouble??? said...

i know the weather was to wonderful cant complain at all with a 88 high in feb can we lol

Dorinda said...

So where are the pictures?? :) Glad you had a great time!!!

Tripletblessed said...

Are you kidding keeping up with 3 kids left me to busy for pics, besides idiot me left the camara at home.

My name is Tammie said...

I have been wanting to take the kids to the zoo too. The only thing is that I HATE our triplet stroller and I dont have anyone to go with really. I sure do love the nice weather lately though!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I want to take my boys to the zoo - very soon. Sounds like everyone had fun ...poor James with the monkey though.
Oh I was looking for pictures too- next time !