Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No stroller needed!

What happened to my sweet little babies? They aren't babies anymore!

Took the kids to the mall today I had something to return and then we just wondered around. We were in the mall for a whole hour with no stroller! Can you believe that? It is just craziness I tell you. They were so good I am so proud of my big babies!!!! They held hands the entire time, never touched anything they weren't supposed to and they never ran away!
I just realized I punctuated with a LOT of exclamation points but I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (heeheehee)

We had another big kid moment when we got home...... James let our dog Trooper in from the back yard. Yes this is important because that means he figured out how to unlock the door lock and the deadbolt and then open the door. This is terribly scary since we have a pool in our back yard that isn't fenced in. So from now on we must lock the very top of the door and need to discuss an alarm for the door I think. I have a small cheap alarm on the door now but it sucks everytime you open the door it goes off great but it doesn't ever quit either without completly turning it off.

I just can't believe my kids are getting so big they are talking up a storm and I'm even beginning to understand more of James! Not sure if I'm understanding more of what he is saying because it is getting clearer or if I'm just learning his language. Is there a way to slow this process down? I've tried talking to them and explaining that mommy isn't ready for them to grow up yet, but they just laugh at me.
Off to buy bricks for their heads maybe if I can't contain the inside I can at least slow down the outside!

Aurggg ignore this misspelling, spell check isn't working.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

WOW! I truly cannot even imagine going to the mall with my trio and NO stroller! That is just awesome, YAY for you AND your triplets!

This whole "growing up too fast" thing can make me so emotional some days.....I am happy to see them do new things...but I want them to slow down too!

Okay, i just realized I ended all my sentences with exclamation points too!!!

....and thank you for your comment on my blog, and I am feeling much better now!

Amber S. said...

If you need to get rid of that triplet stroller next Fall, you know who to contact. ;-) Heck, my boys STILL aren't walking, so I may need it until I send them all off to college. (hehehe - kidding!)

Is it always triple trouble??? said...

it is so wonderfull i still have my triplet and quad one daycare ect but i dont think i haveused them in 2 yrs
hey email me or call i have the camera i told u about i keep forgetting to call u or email u about it to many things going on
steph

Amy Kilpatrick said...

This feat is all due to your persistence and wonderful training! Congrats to you, Misty! You are a great Mommy...

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

my spell check hasn't worked for a while.
You are awesome - and the children amazing.

Yesterday , I let one of my 19 months old twins out of the trolley while the cashier threw the stuff at me to put in (no bagging at this discount store Aldi's) - he took off out the automatic doors and I had to chase him ... I a sure I heard a few giggles that were not his !!!

James is very cluey - wow .
Thanks for visiting me
http://mylittledrummerboys.blogspot.com/

My name is Tammie said...

Love that. I hate hate hate our triplet stroller because the middle seat is so miniature that even my tiny Jack can't fit in it anymore. Insane, so I just hoof it with them too.

I replied on my blog to your comment, but I thought I'd tell ya here too. The kids birthday is June 29th so they are almost 3. How about your kiddos?

Dorinda said...

I'm still deciding whether I'm jealous or not thus the late comment :) We took the girls to the mall the other day and they did great in their stroller so it was nice to have them corralled but when they finally leave that stroller behind it's like they're so much more a part of the family - they're turning in to real people!! And even though it seems a bit sad that they aren't babies anymore the best is truly yet to come.