Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dinner talk and lifestyle choices?

So tonight at dinner Katie made me laugh not once but twice so I have to share these conversations with you.

Katie- there's piwi in here
Me- yes there is KIWI in there
Katie- piwi?
Me- no baby it's K-I-W-I
Katie- piwi
Me- k like Katie how do you say Katie?
Katie- you say tator tot mommy....

Well gotta admit the kid is smart I do call her tator tot and have since she was just a couple of months old. I have no idea where it came from just one of those terms of endearment that stuck.

A little while later still while we were at the table she says....

Katie- Hurry I have to pee pee
me- go on baby
Katie- these crazy kids won't get my plate will they?

I think I probably spit out some food trying not to laugh. Those crazy kids!


Onto this lifestyle thing. Can someone explain to me why my girls want to be naked all the time? Every since we started potty training my girls have decided that being naked is the best thing ever. I just don't understand they have adorable clothes and we get dressed nearly every day but by 5 pm they are completely naked. Are they telling me they are going to be nudist? I'm not really sure I can deal with that. I do insist they put panties on for dinner telling them no naked dinner but other than that it's just not worth the fight. We mothers have to pick and choose our battles and to me this one just isn't worth it most days!

4 comments:

Dorinda said...

Too funny. I love reading what kids say. It just cracks me up! Thanks for making me smile before my long journey tomorrow...

Misty said...

I love the comments. As for your nudist, I have 2 that would LOVE to join that community. How is the potty training going? I'm too scared to even go there!

And I would love to meet you half way somewhere! How fun would that be!

Amber S. said...

Now that's funny! I call Jacob "chicken nugget" a lot. Not sure why I do it either - just one of those things. But perhaps he'll correct me in another year that it's not "J like Jacob," but rather chicken nugget!!

Do you want to hear something even funnier? My pregger self now has a CRAVING for Sonic after reading your blog. Jon may be stopping to pick up some tator tots and a lemon-berry slush on his way home from work. ;-)

Cute - thanks for sharing!

Hilary said...

Oh Katie I hope those crazy kids didn't eat all your food :) How cute is that!! It always amazes me what kids say..both funny and serious.