Monday, September 22, 2008

2 days down

Well we are done with 2 full days and so far it isn't as awful as I thought it would be! Yea!!

They have gone down now 3 nights without any fight and the last 2 they have stayed in bed all night with no problems. Naps are a little different but not as bad as it could be I guess. They really aren't doing anything different than they did in cribs except now they can get out and run around the room.

They have always talked and played in their cribs for a while before falling asleep and they are doing the same in the beds but James is getting out and running around. The girls do great they never get out of bed until someone comes to get them which is what I told them.

I've ended up laying on the floor and taking a little nap in their room the last 2 days to keep them in bed but I'm really hoping we can get past that soon because honestly the floor ain't that comfortable!

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement I'm really grateful to have you guys supporting me.

In other news James is gonna drive me to drinking soon. The boy is just crazy and God sure knew what he was doing when he only gave me 1 boy that's for sure. He does everything I tell him no to and no punishment seems to stop him. I've tried time out, I've tried yelling, I've tried whispering, and I've tried spanking and the child just laughs at me. I'm really at my wits end with him and ready to ship him off to the zoo so I can have a break.

Tonight after he peed in the potty he climbed in the bath tub with all his clothes on and emptied the bottle of shampoo on his arms and legs and then got out and ran around the house! I just don't know what else to do with him, any suggestions?

1 comment:

Dorinda said...

I'm a firm believer that if you wait till they're older things go smoother and it sounds like it's holding at your house! Glad things are going well.

As for the other issue I don't have a ton of advice but I am reading the book "Don't Make Me Count To Three" by Ginger Plowman if you're interested :)