Thursday, September 11, 2008

I have NOT forgot

How I felt that day 7 years ago or how it felt to watch those towers fall with all those people inside. I have not forgotten all the hero's that ran inside thinking they would be bringing people out and instead ran into their own death. I have not forgotten watching people jump to their own death hundreds of feet in hopes of what.

I will always remember the way I felt when I turned on the television that morning a normal morning like every other and the pure terror I felt realizing this would not be a morning like any other.

I worked for a Dr's office and half our patients called to see if we were even open and the other half canceled their appointments to stay at home with their families close by. We had a TV in the office and kept in on all day for updates. I lived in another state away from my own family and I remember simply wanting to know that they were all at home and safe. When I found out my own mother was out of town and no one knew where she was because she was just on another business trip and forgot to mention it. I remember fearing for her alone and having no way to get home but at least she was safe.

I lived in an air force town and I remember the eerie quiet that night with no planes in the air or people on the road. Every channel was showing coverage of the attack on our country even the cable channels and in my lifetime I had never seen that before.

I still get chills thinking of that day and all the people that died. I also can't help but feel a great sense of pride that I live in America and am an American. There is no other country as great.

So today please take a moment to remember how you felt that day and say a prayer for all the families of those that gave their lives then and since and for all those that are fighting to protect us.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

4 comments:

Dorinda said...

Right there with ya girl - it's burned in my memory and I just can't believe it's been 7 years!!

Hilary said...

Amen sister...that is truely a day that my heart won't forget either..I cried for days..still can if I think about it long enough.

Rolyndia said...

It is a day I hope to never forget. I was pregnant with the kids and hubby was out of town. It scared me.

Our Boy Scouts put out flags that morning and when I was walking the kids to the bus. I was telling them about what happened and just crying and bless their little hearts, they got teary eyed also. I am grateful every day for our Soliders and hope they and their families are blesses daily.

Misty said...

I can still remember it like yesterday!

On a totally different subject, I saw your post on TC. Do you need any help with your surgery? We still need to try and do a playdate too!
Hope you are doing ok, let me know,
Misty