Friday, September 26, 2008

Best Friends

Abigail announced today that Katie is her best friend and then they kissed and hugged! OMG I can't tell you how my heart melted and I wished I had my camera in my hands. I have no idea where she learned about best friends but I'm sure jealous that at almost 3 she already knows who hers is.

I imagine that over the years it will change from day to day especially as we go through the lovely hormonal teenage years. Why didn't my mom give me a sister it's just not fair.

On the other hand it really made me wonder what will this do to James? Will he feel left out? Will he fit in with them or will he have to watch from the outside? How is it that the girls already have a closer bond with each other than James? I figured I had a few more years but do I really?

I know I ask myself way to many questions!

4 comments:

Dorinda said...

I worry about that all the time! Will Caleb get left out among 4 girls??!! Since I have 3 girls will 2 be closer? I guess we can second guess everything can't we? But we probably worry too much for nothing!

Unknown said...

God gives sisters a special bond and then for those without sisters....he gives us friendships that are much like having one! :-)

James will find his way!! Of that I am SURE! His sisters may be closer in some ways, but in years to come...he is the one that will protect and support them when daddy isn't there!

No worries Mom! You and your kiddos are GREAT!

Amber S. said...

That is so sweet! Jon and I often comment that we are jealous that we don't have a twin!! Now that we have Gabe too, we hope that all three boys will be close. (I have also wondered if he will be left out - but all we can do is hope for the best, right?!)

The Murray Crew said...

I think they will ALL have an amazing, inseperable bond with one another. What a gift!