Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

I really have been putting off this post because everything is so final. I'm so sad that the anticipation and excitement of Christmas is over and we have to wait another year to do it again.
The kids had a wonderful Christmas, they received WAY to many presents in fact as my mom said as we took her trash out "does this look like our economy is in trouble?, nope it looks like excess". She is so right I don't think Fisher Price or Mattel are in any risk of going out of business anytime soon. I think we now own every Diego and Barbie accessory available.

I was given the wonderful Christmas gift at work of being let off an hour early on Christmas morning so I actually made it before the kids woke up. I was so excited I cried all the way home and then again while I sat waiting for them to wake up, and wait and wait and wait. Did someone forget to tell these kids it was Christmas?

I was so tired from the 3.5 hours sleep I got the night before and didn't get any pictures of the kids in their Christmas outfits oops but I did get a few others.
Now the tree is down and the gingerbread houses are in the trash although I plan on telling the kids they are simply put away, do you think they will remember next year? The Christmas goodies are all gone and I have the coolest gift a Wii Fit to help me burn off some of the many calories I have consumed lately.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and feel at least half as blessed as I do.




2 comments:

Dorinda said...

I'm so glad you were there and had a good day! We got the girls the Rose Petal Cottage for their birthday but added the nursery set for Christmas - can't wait for them to play with it all together :)

I too am very sad that Christmas is over! I love Christmas. I agree about the economy - we even spent less this year and yet the tree was FULL of gifts. Maybe you and I are keeping the country afloat :)

ABIGAIL said...

I love the pictures of your kids on the side bar. My name is Abigail Pogrebin; I'm an identical twin and former 60 Minutes producer who just published a book about twins called "One and the Same." I think any parent of twins will find much to chew on and maybe some guidance as to how to dodge pitfalls of doubleness. I'd love to speak to you about the possibility of a book review and/or author Q&A. My email is apogrebin@gmail.com, website:www.abigailpogrebin.com