Saturday, March 1, 2008

Night on the Town

Jim and I decided it was time to split these kids up and go out, so tonight the girls and I went out with Grandma and James went with daddy. We decided even before the kids were born that we thought it would be important to spend time with the kids one on one. We haven't been great about doing it though, I will occasionally take Abigail out with me to run errands on the weekend simply because she doesn't nap as long as the others and Jim has taken James for a couple of daddy son trips.

So Grandma and I took the girls out for a nice steak dinner and then ice cream, James went to McDonalds and to see some of daddy's friends. I think I got the best end of the deal because Grandma paid for dinner! The girls had a good time and were so dang excited about having their own ice cream cup.

Grandma offered to help mix up Abigail's ice cream to make it easier to get out and Abigail quickly pulled it toward her and said "no". Guess she thought Grandma wouldn't give it back! The bast part was when Katie said "brother get ice cream too?", how sweet! Then we took a little walk down to the grocery store the girls were running ahead just shrieking and jumping having a great time. They are so easily entertained when we aren't at home.

Ahhh life is good tonight steak, ice cream and a good night out with my favorite girls!!!!

1 comment:

My name is Tammie said...

Oh fun! I always want to take one at a time but then it doesn't happen. The most one on one time I get with them is when one has to go to the doctor. How horrible is that! I am glad you had a good time.