Friday, November 14, 2008

Abigail

ABIGAIL





AKA- Abby, Abby Caddaby (even before Sesame Street), Abby Caddaby Cadoo


Weigh- 2.14 lbs at birth, 30 lbs at 3 years.
Height- 17 inches at birth, 36 inches at 3.

The dr told me at one of my MANY sonograms a couple of weeks before they were born that she was my little pork chop weighing more than the others, the day before their birthday he again measured her as the biggest. Pretty funny that he was within 2 oz with James and Katie but off almost a whole pound with her!
Abigail took to her role as big sister before she was even born, I swear she sat on my cervix She is the definite leader of the group and takes her job very seriously telling them what to do and what mommy doesn't want them to do. She is also the one that comforts Katie when Katie is in trouble, she always wants her big sister, it is so sweet.

On the other hand she makes the games up and expects them to follow her rules and of course she always goes first. She can take most toys away from her brother and sister and they will let her but God forbid they take one of hers.

She was the last baby home, staying a whole week longer than the others. Leaving her there was harder than the day I was released, I truly felt I was abandoning her at least when I left before they had each other. She was just stubborn not wanting to eat. But now that I look back at it I think maybe she was looking for a little alone time and she knew once she came home it was all over.

Maybe it's because of my guilt for leaving her and not visiting as much in that last week but we have always had a closer bond. Abigail will tell anyone she is mommy's girl and while others may hold special places in her heart (Grandpa) she truly is a mommy's girl. Almost immediately after coming home she started waking up before the others and before time to eat and would lay on my chest and go back to sleep until the others awoke. As she got older she started to wake up earlier from her nap and cuddle on the couch with me. I think she just knows how to get one on one time and always has! She was the only one I could ever get to breast feed, I was so excited until I learned that she was simply using me as a pacifier since she had no strong suck and couldn't hold a pacifier in her mouth.

She loves fruits and salads and like her mama thinks hot sauce goes on anything. Her favorite show is Dora. She loves to sing and dance and is gonna be great at sports the girl has more coordination than me. She is very smart she can count to 15in English, to 10 in Spanish (thanks Dora), knows her colors in English and the primaries in Spanish, her alphabet, and most shapes. Her favorite activity is coloring and she is pretty good at it can even stay in most of the lines of a coloring book. Her favorite belonging is her beloved yaya, a lovie with an elephant head, the poor elephant has no trunk because she has sucked it off!

Abigail is a pure joy and pleasure, but I know that when she hits puberty her and I are going to fight, that girl has a very strong will!


Coming soon Katie and James!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

How sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you forgot my favorite one...Abby Gabby

Hagen and Mason said...

I had the hardest time leaving Hagen in the nicu when we took Mason home. It really seemed like he was all alone, too! Before he had Mason and since we were taking him home - I kept picturing Hagen by himself in the hospital. Funny - I bet lots of moms of multiples feel that way when they have to leave one at the hospital.

Thanks for sharing! I love each post about each child. Cute idea ;-)