Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sweet Baby James







**** I typed this over a week ago and could have sworn I published it however when I came on tonight to share some pics with Santa I realized it hadn't published good thing it was saved to drafts*****

James




AKA : Jamie, Jamsey Pansey, Bulldozer, bubby



Born 3 lbs 6 oz

3 years old 32 1/4 lbs



My sweet baby boy was the last to be born having to be forced to leave his mommy, he came out crying and peeing! His delivery is the only one that I felt, he was so high up I could feel them yanking him down it felt like they were trying to pull my ribs out. He was the only one that cried in the delivery room but he was the one with the most trouble in the beginning (and many times since). He was very irratable ( I think he was mad at them for removing him from his cozy home early), we weren't allowed to touch him or speak to him because his heart rate would get crazy. Two days after he was born the dr told me he had wimpy white boy syndrom, he had required another dose or servectant for his lungs and had to be put back on the vent for a couple of hours. Apperantly white boys are the weakest gender and race when born since their lungs take the longest to develop.



However he quickly got over it and he was the first one I was allowed to bathe and the first to eat from a bottle. I don't know how many times they told me he would be coming home soon because he was doing so well, then he would forget to breath and we would have to wait 2 more days only for it to happen again. It was so frustrating but maybe he was waiting for his sisters. He was such a good eater except for the whole forgetting to breath during bottle feeds which turned him dusky and scared the crap out of us. He continued to do this when he came home and had to be watched closely during feeds. He was the first to develop reflux and would puke and scream after eating poor kid, poor couch, poor mom.



I always wanted to have girls thinking they would be more fun and I could relate more but the deep in my heart love for my son caught me by surpise. He has these big bright blue eyes and sweet smile that you can't help but love him and feel happy to be around him and they will just almost get him out of trouble!



At one year old he gave us a big scare when he caught RSV and was so close to landing in the hospital. 3 months later we were still battling the effects of RSV and just 6 months later they said he had asthma. At a little over 2 we couldn't understand nearly anything he said and when his hearing was tested they said he heard everything like he was under water, his tonsils and adnoids were also swollen and needed to be removed. After surgery and a horrific 10 days he was back to trouble and mischief and mealting hearts. Very quickly afterwards he started speaking and catching up to his sisters now while he is still behind he is miles ahead of where he could be.



James is definitly the little brother and can pester his sisters and loves it. The boy will push, pull and pick just to hear them scream. Aunt Linda started calling him a bulldozer and he deserves that title, he is all boy and will bulldoze anything in his path. However if you have never seen an angel you only need to watch James sleep to know they exist on earth. That boy can be so draining but when you see his sweet face while sleeping....... He is wonderful!

Thank you God for allowing me to be Abigail, Katie, and James mommy!

2 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Hi there!
So I can't figure out WHY when I was sure I had added you to my blog roll - that your updates weren't coming to me - but I fixed that (I hope) AND I also added myself as a follower of your blog! Loved reading about James.

My word verification word is: sharb

LOL.
Jamie

Dorinda said...

All your kiddos are so cute and sweet :) I bet they are fun to be around (most of the time - I know!) Right now I'm typing this is Rachel screams next to me because she's not getting her way at this exact moment. I sure hope this gets better. Does it?

And how do you grocery shop less then once a week?!! I couldn't do it - I have to go back constantly for stuff anyway so it's easier to do once a week shopping the cheapest way possible!