Monday, November 24, 2008

Katie




Sweet Katie
AKA- Tator tot, totter dot, and tator. I have no idea where this came from but I've been calling her tator tot since she was only a month old!

Birth 3.1 lbs
3 years old 29 lbs

Katie was baby B snuggled tightly between her brother and sister in my tummy and she fits the middle child mold very well! As a baby Katie was very colicky and everything you have ever heard about the witching hour applied to her. We tried EVERYTHING to calm her but nothing worked more than once and never for very long.

She was the first to smile, walk, talk and the first to break my heart. When she was one day old my mom and I went to the NICU to visit late in the evening, we still weren't allowed to hold them and while I was talking to her she began to cry. My heart immediately broke for my baby and for me, a mother is supposed to pick up her newborn baby and hold her close when she cries and I wasn't allowed. I cried as hard as she did and the only thing I could do was leave her alone, I tried to soothe her but the nurse was insistent that it wasn't my fault and I really needed to let her be so that she would calm down and not complicate her breathing. What an awful thing to tell a new mommy. Katie was also the first to break her daddy's heart 2 days after that. We were finally allowed to hold them but as soon as the nurse handed Katie to Jim she began crying. Poor Jim gave her right to me saying "she doesn't like me". It's almost funny now that she is by far the most attached to her daddy and definitely a daddy's girl!

When Katie laughs the whole world laughs with her and when she smiles it's not just with her mouth her whole face smiles. When Katie started belly laughing I would bore my whole family with phone call after phone call just so they could hear her laugh. That baby can make every wrong in the world right with just her smile and laugh. We took the kids to Sea World a couple of months ago and at the very first show she was so giddy and laughing that everyone around her was watching her instead of the show. I swear I cried because my baby was so happy.

Katie loves to watch TV and if you let her she would stay glued to it all day. They were almost 2 before they started watching TV but once she started watching Elmo there was no going back. Now she loves Dora and Diego and Elmo is long gone. She has an amazing memory and can sing almost any song you teach her after only hearing it once or twice. She likes to play dress up and read books. Her favorite color is purple but that's totally my fault since that was her assigned color from birth but she will tell you that's her color!
Katie is going to have her heart broken a million times because she wears her heart on her sleeve and takes everything so personally, this will definitely mean mommy's heart will be a mess. She loves everything with such a strong passion and truly has a heart of gold. Yep she's mine and I couldn't imagine my life without her and am such a better person for being blessed to be her mommy.




4 comments:

Sugar Mommy said...

So very precious!
Thanks for sharing this!

Misty said...

I love the updates! Your girls are just so cute!

Hilary said...

AHH that one was sweet too..Thank God for miss Katie :)

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Another update I missed! This is great reading! Great posting too!