Monday, November 3, 2008

I suck

Yes that's right I really suck and I know it! Why has it been a month since my last blog? I really don't have a good excuse. I would love to say nothing has been going on or life was boring but I have 3 almost 3 year olds so who would really believe me? So here is just a little update in the goings on of our lives!

First off James is doing much better on his potty training his accidents are getting back to few and we haven't had any poopy underware in a while, knock on wood. I would be thrilled to tell you that nap times have gotten better and it isn't a daily battle to get the boy to nap but, well that would just be a lie. I really think the boy would like to give up his nap and he may even be ready for it but I am so not ready for that and don't even know how that could possibly work. If I let him give up his nap than I assume he would be ready for bed earlier right? Well how do I do that when the girls are still napping everyday and wouldn't be ready to go to bed as early as him. Since they sleep in the same room this would be a problem. We do have another bedroom and I could separate him but I just don't think he would be to happy going to bed without his girls. So whats a MOM to do?

We saw the ENT for his 6 month follow up on his tubes. He had a pretty nasty ear infection and had to do antibiotics. I wasn't really surprised since he had nasty stinky goop draining from that ear a couple of weeks prior, but it had stopped and he never ran a fever so I wasn't concerned. I thought that was the job of those tubes to drain the fluid? His speech is still behind the girls, he still can't be as understood as easily as them but I think given time he will catch up.

The girls are doing wonderfully, they have adjusted well to their big girl beds and are now very interested in learning to write their names. I would like to start doing a few very short lessons with them and have started looking online so hopefully that will help.

Me- I had my surgery on October 24 and all went well I am feeling pretty good just sore in the morning and if do to much. I have learned that not lifting them is impossible, I've tried but discovered the first time we went to a public restroom someone has to pick them up to put them on the potty! Oh well I try to be good the rest of the time until I cleaned the kitchen today and had to move all the chairs to sweep and mop under the table but the cleaning fairy didn't show up this week. I also am a really bad patient and couldn't stand the dermabond they put over my incisions and I picked it all off, Abigail told me the other day to stop picking. Oops think I can still use that one on her now that she caught me? I did have 2 endometriomas removed one right on the c-section incision and a smaller one about 3 inches above it. I'm a little nervous about my next period since that will be the test if we got them all. The smaller one just started bothering me a few months ago so I hope there aren't any small ones waiting to grow into problems for me. Mimi was wonderful and kept the kids for 6 days so that I could recover and Jim could study full time for the first part of his CPA exam, fingers crossed he passed!

We had a wonderful Halloween the girls were ladybugs and James was a zebra. I got their costumes at Old Navy the day after Halloween last year and paid less than $5 a piece for them! No such deals this year though. We went trick or treating with daddy and grandma, hitting about 12 houses and they were so excited to get all that candy. They would have gone all night I think if we would have let them. When we got home they dumped their candy on the floor and counted it as Grandma and I looked through it. They were so funny, it was like Christmas morning they wanted to open everything however they would take one bite and throw it away and get the next one. They went through almost all the candy and bounced off the walls like they were drunk. I got a glimpse of Katie at 21 and boy she is gonna be a funny drunk if the candy was any indication! While it was a late night and they ate WAYYYYYY more sugar than this mom was happy about at least the candy is gone!

Here are some pictures from the night.
My little ladybugs and zebra walking with grandma
Counting our loot!
Abigail in grandmas wig
James see the chocolate! Katie admiring herself
Abigail in the boots We must add the wig "Drunk" Katie couldn't hardly stand up
Yep that's my man, his daddy is so proud!

5 comments:

Dorinda said...

I am soooo glad to know that you are alive!! It's certainly been a while. I'm glad your surgery went well. And the kids still look great. Not sure about that James though... :)

Hilary said...

Glad that you are back..started to wonder about you but forgot about your surgery..which I am glad that you are recovering from :) Hope everything continues to heal great! The costumes are cute and the last one of james is funny :) have a great week and glad your back :)

Misty said...

Love the ladybugs! And the hair! What a hoot. Glad to hear you are recovering. The no lifting is hard! I know I had 6weeks of it last year and it was a VERY long 6 weeks! And I agree about the dermabond, but way better than the stitches.
Saw your post on my blog---the puzzles & sitting-- I just got lucky that day & took some pics really quick. It didn;t last long at all!

Anonymous said...

you may suck mum but seeing Abigail down on her knees like that I bet she sucks better

Anonymous said...

love to get her in bed with just them boots and panties on and find out for sure, the mouth feels so soft and warm at thatage they suck so good