Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Family Bed

At 6AM this morning I made an awful mistake that ended with 3 two year olds in my bed in hopes of getting another hour of sleep. Abigail woke up at 6 this morning and for some bizarre reason I got up and got her and took her to my bed. Well of course Katie and James were awake as well so I ended up bringing them to our bed also.

Now let me tell you my general rule is wake up before 7 and you stay in your bed I don't answer to any alarm before 7. Occasionally one of the kids will wake up earlier and they will cry for a little while and go back to sleep.

What was I thinking? I knew better, I knew if one was awake all would be awake and I couldn't take one without them all. I would say I must have been half asleep but I had just gotten through telling Jim to just let her cry she would be ok, again let me adk what was I thinking......

2 years ago we got a new bed and Jim told me then we should get a king sized bed, but I didn't listen. Nope I said there was no way I was allowing my kids to sleep in our bed.

Anyone want to guess how many times I've woken Jim up in the middle of the night to say you have to go to the couch I need your side for the kids?


Ya guess I should have listened, off to bed now to recoup my hour of sleep!

2 comments:

Dorinda said...

No way am I getting up that early! My alarm went off at 7:30 this morning but I didn't hear it and overslept. Oops - at least Kaitlyn wasn't late to school :) The girls are awake then but in their own beds. My older two won't sit still in my bed - no way am I bringing three!! Good luck with that :) Hee hee!!

P.S. I love your trios names - we almost used Abigail for Alyssa - it was a toss up until the very last minute. And we call my oldest daughter Katie from time to time so of course I love that :)

Anonymous said...

don't complain mum I would LOVE to get your kids in bed, they don't call me chester the molester for nothing!