Friday, December 28, 2007

Wrapping Paper, Presents, and Tears




Finally I have recovered from Christmas and can share my day sorry it took me so long.

Christmas was as perfect as I envisioned it would be, only Aunt Linda and Uncle Darrell being here could have made it better.




We celebrated the only way I know how and that is we spent the night at Grandmas and opened presents with lots of family. The kids went down just a little after 9 and with the exception of Katie wanting to play from 230 to 4 am they slept until 715. Katie really just wanted Grandma but I didn't want to wake her next year I won't make the same mistake. James woke up first and we went around and woke everyone else and then he took off to the tree.


To say they were excited would be a serious understatement! OMG James started ripping open presents as soon as he got there not caring who's it was. Abigail squealed with delight and jumped up and down, and my Katie had the biggest and best smile like only my Katie could have. I swear that smile makes the world a better place.


We opened some presents and then sat down to have coffee, yes they had coffee too Grandma can't say no!


Then when Aunt Katie, Uncle James, Jimmy and Shelby got there and of course Mimi and Papa with Uncle Connor we opened the rest. Grandpa took James outside and gave him the present of the hour.

James got a Papacycle or as the rest of the world calls it a motorcycle. That child was so excited and so were the girls........ Until they realized there wasn't one for them to, oops Grandpa what were you thinking? The girls screamed, and cried and begged Papa for a papacycle. Papa only stayed strong for a few minutes before caving telling them "I can't get it today but I'll get you one". Now they eventually got over it and I really hope he doesn't get 2 more but I have to say it was the funniest thing in the world. We laughed so hard, we were crying. We were laughing at Grandpa and Mimi of course how in the world did they think they could get away with such a thing.



Later we had "champagne" (apple cider), yah I know coffee in morning, champagne at night I'm a bad mom! Turn me in already!


The kiddos went down early and are still trying to catch up on some sleep sleeping until almost 8 this morning. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will do that again in the morning! Keep them fingers and toes crossed for me!





2 comments:

Dorinda said...

So very sweet!! They look adorable and so excited for Christmas. I can't wait till my girls are old enough to have a clue as to what is going on.

Do you have 3 motorcycles yet??!! My girls got a horse for their birthday which they fight over a lot but I don't want three :)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

all gorgeous photos and very cute kiddos and the commentary is perfect. My twins would love that motorcycle too ... we are having fights over the 'one' of things.