Sunday, December 30, 2007

The things we do

The things we do for our children and the things Grandma allow for their grandchildren are just amazing!

I discovered earlier in the week while trying to put together some of the kids Christmas presents that we had a piece missing, I stupid piece but an important one that allows James raceway to be put together a stupid arm that holds up the top ramp. Well after searching high and low we decided it must have been thrown away.

So getting back to the things we do, tonight I went to my moms house and we emptied 3 large trash bags in her living room floor and went through each box and every scrap of paper. Fortunately the boxes and paper were in separate bags from the other trash! However, would you allow trash to be dumped in your living room? I think not!

Unfortunately 3 bags and countless bags later the piece is still missing. I paid more than $30 for this thing it was such a cool toy, um I mean Santa and his elves worked really hard to make this toy!

So now I guess I'll be contacting Fisher Price to see if I can just buy a replacement part or what I have to do, not sure if Walmart would take it back (ya know the North Pole is just a little to far).

Ughhhh next year I'm coming up with a better plan for those toys that have to be opened but don't get put together.

1 comment:

Dorinda said...

Too funny!! The whole putting together thing at Christmas is a NIGHTMARE!! Can't say I have any tips but I know what not to do: try putting together a toy that all the triplets want while they are climbing on you and your older son is asking for his own toy.

My husband had to put everyone in order: Kaitlyn, Caleb, then the triplets, Kaitlyn, Caleb, triplets until all the toys were put together. I guess it worked. At least we survived - all pieces intact :)

Can I add your blog to mine?