Monday, March 10, 2008

Hallucinations and tricycles

Let me start by first thanking each of you that commented on my last post, your kind words were really appreciated. I am still very torn but as of right now the surgery is still on for Friday with the tonsil removal. I'll continue to pray for guidance in the meantime.
Ok now to the more fun stuff!! Friday morning Katie woke up with a 102 degree temperature. I didn't give her anything because other than being a little clingy she was acting fine. By 1115 her temp was up to 104.3 and she was very clingy, so I gave her Motrin. She went down for a nap at 130 and seemed to be doing better the temp was down to 102. At 315 she woke up and I immediately knew something was wrong she was on fire. I took her temp and the thermometer said 104.7 and I knew this couldn't be right because it had only been 4 hours since she got her 6 hour medicine so of course I took it again with another thermometer which read 105!

To say that I freaked out a little would be a little of an understatement I was shaking. I tried took her shirt off and tried putting a wash cloth on her while I fumbled for the phone to call the dr but she screamed like I was hurting her. Abigail came to me and said " no mommy don't hurt my sister". The dr's office called me back and said to bring her straight in since it was so close to 5 and the weekend.

I threw shoes on all 3 kids and ran out the door shaking and almost crying for my baby as she cried " I ok mommy, I ok", clearly she was not! When we go to the dr the real fun started she started having hallucinations I swear! She was freaking out about butterflies and wouldn't get out of the car. By the time I got her in the office she was fine and then another couple of minutes later she screamed bloody murder, several of the staff ran out to see what was the matter that's how awful this scream was. Finally she told me their were bugs and she held onto me like nothing else. Around this same time she toots and has a blow out diarrhea diaper.

We go back and the nurse takes her temperature and its down to 99.9, now how in the hell did this happen? The child wouldn't let me go and continued to freak out while we were in the dr office but as soon as we got home she was fine! The dr said she had some fluid in her ears but they didn't look infected so he figured it was probably just a virus, he did give us an antibiotic just in case. The child ran a little fever at 2am that night but other than that she is fine, nothing wring with her. How can a child go from 105 to normal so quickly? That child is going to push me over the top I think!

We had more excitement this weekend as the kids got tricycles! They loved them and had so much fun riding them in the driveway and then playing in the back of daddy's truck. They all tried so hard to actually peddle both girls crashed more than once but no one ever cried!

5 comments:

My name is Tammie said...

So cute! So sad to hear of the sickies but glad to see she is feeling better.

Still thinking of you and James. Hoping you find clarity and comfort in your decision. ((hug))

Dorinda said...

Crazy kids - who knows what these kids are made of anyway? I'm glad she's okay and I hope that James does well this week - sorry I had no advice on that subject!

As for bedtime - only move it if they sleep in :) Otherwise leave it as is. I voted in between and said 8:30... I have school to contend with so I'll move their bedtime back a bit so they sleep in a little later and hopefully this will make it easier to go to one nap. But you are past that so who am I to answer anyway?

Is it always triple trouble??? said...

very cute on there bikes

Hilary said...

Poor Katie!! That is horrible..fevers are so bad when they get high. They look so cute riding there bike. Hope the rest of your week goes better.
:) Hilary

Stacy said...

Aww sorry that your kiddo was sick.
Love the bike pic!