Thursday, March 20, 2008

No good news

I have no good news to report just the same crap that I've now been writting for a week.
James is still not drinking or eating or doing much of anything for more than short periods of time. He lays on me and cries "owie mommy" about 80% of the day, even in his sleep I can hear him whimpering.

His lips are very dry and we are only peeing once or twice a day so unless we have a great improvement soon we will be in the urgent care tomorrow for IV fluids.

I called the dr today and was told to go back to pain meds every 4-6 hours round the clock to try to get on top of the pain and give him a dose of motrin to see if that helps. Otherwise I have to force fluids the same way I force pain meds.

Praying the poor baby wakes up tomorrow refreshed and drinks! The dr said 1 week of hell so tomorrow at 9AM he should be better right?

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement I'll let you know what tomorrow brings!

6 comments:

Dorinda said...

Still praying for you and thinking about you guys. I'm pulling for James! I know this must be so hard on you as well. Thanks for another update.

The Rogers Triplets said...

I am so sorry about your week from hell. We're sending good thoughts your way.

Amy Kilpatrick said...

Misty - Be strong, the worst is behind you. If you need me for anything, don't hesitate to ask!

My name is Tammie said...

Ohhh I am so so sorry! This all sounds so horrible! I really hope tomorrow he wakes up better. Does he take the medicine better while sleeping? Can you sneak it in there without him knowing until after he's swallowed it? Ugh I feel terrible for you guys! I hope it gets better very very soon!

Hilary said...

Bless your heart and James' too!! i hope that he gets better REALLY soon!!!

Kate said...

I hope the little sweetie is better!