Thursday, November 8, 2007

Mom, mom, mommy!

Can someone tell me how I became mom? Up until a few days ago I was mommy, most of the time this was my very favorite word. However a couple of days ago Abigail decided to call me mom and today Katie decided she would follow suit! I keep correcting them I am not mom I am your mommy, I don't wanna be mom!
Big kids say mom, they are still babies they should be saying mommy right? I though for sure I had a couple more years before I lost that title.

On to other things...... I have been running around for 2 days now preparing for a birthday party! In my house talk of birthday parties leads to talk of cake, and bounce house, and balloons, and presents. They are so excited this year Katie is trying to sing Happy Birthday it is so cute, I should probably record all her singing so when she becomes famous I can replay it.

Mimi has been so good to me she came over yesterday to watch the kids while I registered for school (yay I got in I'm gonna be a vampire), and today she came over so I could finish the shopping. The girls were so upset yesterday when she left and today I was going to take James to get a hair cut but he wasn't leaving his Mimi. So we all went to get James's hair cut, he looks so cute with his big boy hair cut (sniff, sniff). When they woke up she was gone and they were just broken hearted, they love her so much. I'm so lucky to have a family that adores my kids and kids that adore their family even if sometimes that makes me second best.

Tonight I made banana bread to take to the NICU staff, last year I took cupcakes to them on their birthday and decided I would make it a tradition to celebrate the success of the NICU and the care they showed my babies when I couldn't. I know a lot of the staff will change but that's ok those nurses are taking care of others babies so it all works out in the end. It must be hard for them to see babies so sick and fragile, watch some as they die. I just want to thank them for what they do and what better time of the year!

No comments: