Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We have a tree


I finally got my tree up and an angel on top! Notice I didn't say anything about ornaments? Well we have about 10 paper mache ornaments that the kids have put on taken off the tree at least 30 times since nap time and that's all the ornaments we plan on this year. I was going to put glass ornaments on the top but I think this year I'll just have a few that won't break.

I got the tree out and up while the kiddos were napping today and I couldn't wait for them to wake up, I thought for sure they were going to think it was so cool. Well I was wrong Abigail was the first awake and to say she was terrified would be understating the truth. The poor child began crying the moment she saw it and clutched on me like never before and didn't let up for 30 minutes. I sat on the couch holding her trying to figure out what to do I couldn't very well live the next 4 weeks on the couch (though I do like the idea). Katie woke up and Abigail screamed the whole time I was gone. Katie was scared holding on a little tighter and she didn't want to touch it but finally she relaxed and just stared while I held Abby.

Finally I bribed them off the couch with animal crackers and they began really checking things out, and finally wanted to put things on it. YAY!!! James woke up and was in no way concerned he was more interested in the animal crackers, boys. I had the best time showing them the ornaments and letting them put them on the tree. I even got a little misty eyed watching, remembering decorating the tree when I was a little girl and how much I loved it.

Oh and if you notice Katie in the pictures, look at what she is wearing, any ideas?


On another note check out my family pic on the top don'tcha just love it!

2 comments:

Rolyndia said...

Your little ones are so cute. I ran across your blog on another blog. We have triplets who will be 6 in February (2 boys and 1 girl). They are so much fun and a lot of work at the same time. My blog site is www.steiner5family.blogspot.com if you would like to take a look. How old are your little ones? My email is momof3@q.com.

P.S. Your tree looks great.

Is it always triple trouble??? said...

oh how cool great pic to
we did our tree this last saturday i will have to get so pix up also
steph