Monday, January 14, 2008

Frustration

For me and poor James. My poor baby boy is trying so hard to speak but I swear I can't understand the words that come out of his mouth 80% of the time. The majority of the time I can figure it out based on where he is, what he is doing, what time of the day it is, etc.

Today though the poor child stood in front of me for no less than 5 minutes yelling the same thing at me. I had no clue what the child was saying as hard as I tried, I asked all the usual questions, I tried getting him to show me, he finally laid his head down on the table by me and cried.

How awful for my child he wanted so desperately to tell me and I just wasn't responding to him. Finally Katie pointed to James sippy cup laying on the floor and proceeded to tell on herself saying" I took it". What the heck are you kidding me child your poor brother is having a fit, your poor mom is adding to the guilt log, and you stole his cup? Really it was Katie, usually Abigail is my bully.

So I called ECI again today I called them after the kids turned 2 and the pedi said he wasn't on track but they came out and the first eval said he didn't qualify because he isn't at least 6 months behind (he is only 4 as far as an overall eval went). They told me then that they recommended having him evaluated by the actual speech therapist (really what are you people that's what I thought we were doing). That was 3 weeks ago and we still haven't heard from them for an appointment.

On a total positive note Katie peed in the potty all morning long only had one poopy accident, this afternoon wasn't as successful but I'll take what I get with a smile.
Not to leave Abigail out she had her usual hour nap and decided that the other 2 were done as well so while I was in the kitchen she went to their room and opened the door yelling"wake up"! Really child do you not understand mommy likes the quiet time? And yes having only one child awake is quiet time around her.

3 comments:

Dorinda said...

So this is what I have to look forward to? You know you're scaring me a little right??!! I'm going crazy enough right now with all of Rachel's screaming - not sure I can handle next year...

Amy Kilpatrick said...

Awww...it is frustrating when you have no clue what your baby is trying to tell you. Keep pressing for an eval and you'll get it. That little guy will be tattling on his sister's more than you can handle soon enough...HAHA!

My name is Tammie said...

Oh poor little honey. My little guy has such a bad case of marble mouth its hard to understand him too. Its so sad when you have a cutie staring you in the face with wide serious eyes tring to tell you something with such earnest and you cant understand a damn thing. Hope you get the eval soon.