Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Poor Daddy

My poor husband is being so mistreated and I have no idea what to do. His own children are turning him away and crying for mommy in the morning not even allowing him to get them out of bed. Now this is pretty common for Abigail and even James but Katie? She is usually the daddy's girl.

For 2 mornings in a row now they have thrown an absolute fit crying "mommy, mommy". Yesterday he carried Katie into the living room and she threw herself on the floor and cried for 10 min until I picked her up. It took so long because James peed through his diaper and I had to find clean clothes and clean him up. Oh joy!

Anyway this morning they all began with the no and he just walked out of the room and said "they don't want me". I felt so awful, especially since he worked until well after they went to bed Monday night so he hadn't seen them in 24 hours. Poor daddy.

On another note my Granny is staying a couple of days with us. That should be a happy thing but I'm a little bitter. She lives with my aunt about 20 minutes away and has also has a trailer on the lake about an hour from here. She is 75 and hates to drive to my side of town because she is unfamiliar leading me to offer to come get her any time from either the lake or my aunts and she is welcome to stay her for as little or as long as she wants. I've made the offer every month or so for over a year. She hasn't even seen the triplets since she came for 1 hour last Christmas. Well she finally came and the kids LOVE her. It is insane how quickly they went to her. James loves to just sit next to her on the couch and draw on his magna doodle and bring her books to read. The girls have told her all kinds of stories and are amazed that she is Grandpa's Mommy.

My big fear though is that she won't keep it up. When my brother and I were growing up Granny always had her favorite grandchildren and Robbie and I weren't on that list. I don't want my babies to feel that same type or rejection and pain.

2 comments:

Dorinda said...

Tell DH not to feel too bad - soon they won't want you :) Every morning I get my son up for school he asks where daddy is. Every night when I put my oldest to bed she asks for daddy to tuck her in. Go figure...

The triplets love to say dada. They do say mama too so I guess I'm good there - they are about equal between us right now. Since yours are a year older I get to know what I'm in for :)

My name is Tammie said...

I agree with Dorinda. My three ask each morning for Daddy even after calling for me to get them up. Its a very important development milestone, identifying with only one parent at a time. Too bad its a hurtful one.