Friday, January 4, 2008

Go away, go away germies!

Sick again what the heck? Someone lied to me when the triplets were born and I want to know why? My momma told me that when you became a mother you were not allowed to get sick anymore. Well I hate to break the mold on this rule but what the heck already?

Prior to July I worked in a Dr's office for the previous 6 years (minus the 7 months I was off while on bedrest and not sleeping with new triplets). During that time I never got sick maybe an occasional cold but nothing requiring a dr's visit or antibiotics. Well since July I have been to the dr (for myself) at least 6 times WTH? In July I was seen for incisional pain, in September I had horrible allergies, in October pink eye (the kids? nope) October more follow up for pain which the only answer I get is scar tissue and I can have surgery to remove when I'm ready, in November I got strep throat, and yesterday back for strep throat again. Again I ask WTH? I was exposed to germs everyday and don't get sick once now I'm exposed to nearly nothing and I'm best friends with the dr?

Not only do I have strep throat which I will do my best to avoid passing along to my kids but my poor baby boy is sick as well. I took James to the dr yesterday and he has a doable ear infection and asthma exacerbation so antibiotics for 10 days and oral steroids for 5. Poor thing was miserable yesterday but today seems to be better. Abigail on the other hand is now running a fever so I guess we need to share the germs. I'm feeling better today as well so maybe the dr was wrong and the test will come back negative for strep.

Maybe I should fumigate the house? Do they make such a thing? Hmmmmm ideas.......

4 comments:

The Rogers Triplets said...

I hope you feel better soon! I HATE being sick and can't imagine having to take care of 3 little ones while being sick. Get as much rest as you can.

My name is Tammie said...

Ugh!!! Nothing is worse than when you are sick. I too have been sick a LOT more than I was prior to the kids. Which I find bizarre since its not like we are out and about every day. Whatever. Feel better soon. If it will make you feel better you've been tagged. Read my blog. :D

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

It would be very hard to be so sick with three little ones. Sending you get well vibes and strength to face the trips. I hope you are all on the mend too.

Amy Kilpatrick said...

Get well soon, woman! If you need me for anything (even to bring lunch to you), let me know!