Thursday, January 17, 2008

Owies

Did ya know that Dora band aids and kisses fix any kind of owie? Interesting thought really if only it took the pain away when someone smacks you in the head with a broom or stopped the bleeding when you bit your lip.

Yesterday Katie hit me across the back of my head with her little broom and when I yelped "ouch" she instantly said "dora banbaid mommy?". Hmmm now if I could figure out how to get the darn thing to stick to my head without pulling out all my hair it might work. Abigail and James were instantly concerned and ran over to kiss mommy's head aww thanks guys, and of course Katie joined in. That's what did the trick, how can you complain when you have the three sweetest babies in the world kissing your head?

A little while after that Abigail was eating a rice cake and bit her lip causing a very loud scream and then a nice stream of blood. Once the screaming stopped what did she want? "Dora band aid mommy". I tried to explain the the band aid wouldn't stick (do the band aid companies realize the flaws to their design?) but she wouldn't hear anything of it and about that time James found a band aid lying on the floor. Eeek where did that come from you may ask, well to be honest I'm not sure but there wasn't any blood on it so oh well, and besides she really only wanted to hold it it didn't actually have to go on her face.

So see the important lesson here is keep Dora band aids on hand they are very important to all that ail you. And thanks Cyndi for introducing them to Dora band aids, I almost had them convinced our store only carried the plain ones, and thanks Mimi for running out and buying them their own box, and thanks Grandma and Aunt Katie for allowing them to play with the Scooby Doo band aids at Grandmas house.

The other important lesson here is kisses really do cure all! My kids now kiss all owies and expect all owies to be kissed by all available parties. You see the more kisses the less pain!

1 comment:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

very cute - I love the kisses.

Maybe you need the cheap ones with pretty stickers (dime for a dozen variety) - I am never buying those overpriced ones like 12 for $5 (Aust).

Do you find the band aids only stay on for a few hours anyway ?

Our eldest always wanted B'Aids but then removed them.