Friday, May 2, 2008

Before I Was a mom

Hey everyone sorry I have been MIA for a month, wow how did that happen? Life has just been so hectic I had a month of clinicals for my phlebotomy certificate and was working 3:30 am to 12:30 pm. My children chose this time to not sleep through the night so I was lucky to get 3 hours of sleep each night and then maybe an hour or two at nap. I'm through and my mil left this morning so life should be getting back to normal now!

I have so much catching up to do and have started a list of things I want to share with you but tonight I just want to read about all my friends because let me tell you I really feel like I've missed watching your children grow in the last month.

So tonight I just wanted to share an e-mail that I received and I promise I'll start fresh tomorrow.

I missed you all like crazy and I hope you have missed me and will start reading again.

Before I was a Mom

I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom:
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom
I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a m illion pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

3 comments:

Dorinda said...

You're alive! This is a good thing :) I got so used to checking your blog to catch up on you and then nothing. I'm thinking something is seriously wrong with your or James or both. Glad to know you are alive and well. Next time you have to let us know in advance... Welcome back :)

My name is Tammie said...

So glad you are back! I also was worried about you and James. Glad things are just hectic. Wait, that didn't sound right. Glad you guys are OK. Cant wait to hear how everything is going.

Elyse said...

Glad you are back! Hope everyone gets back to normal soon! Can not wait to hear how the triplets are doing!
~Elyse~