Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I haven't puked!

I have never in my life been able to tolerate puke, blood guts cool, puke makes me puke. BT (before triplets) when the dog would throw up I would throw a paper towel over it and leave it for Jim. I once had a patient throw up while I was drawing her blood and had to quickly remove the needle and leave the room. I don't do puke!!!

Well we are now on day 3 of pukefest 2008 and I am surviving!!! Yay me. Unfortunately I have washed at least 6 loads of towels and sheets in the last 3 days, I have been thrown up on, my car reeks of it and I'm not sure I'll ever get it out of the carseat. I have slept with towels covering it so we could just sleep for a little while.

Abigail started Sunday, James joined her Sunday night, and Katie joined after her nap today. The first 2 have now moved on to diarrhea (yuck) so back to diapers for Abigail until its cleared.

What do you feed them when even the BRAT diet doesn't work? Bananas nope, rice nope, applesauce well we haven't tried that one yet, and toast yeah they won't even eat that without something on it and that defeats the purpose. Also try explaining to a 2 year old they can't have milk. They don't understand and you can't reason with them.

We watched so much tv today I'm personally going to get sick if I have to watch one more Dora or Barney! Poor kids hopefully they can at least sleep tonight so we can start over tomorrow. With any luck Jim and I can stay clear but really what are the odds?

5 comments:

Dorinda said...

Oh no! That is the worst of the worst. I hate throwing up. I hate cleaning it up. It's awful. I hope everyone gets better and no one else gets sick!

Elyse said...

Yuck! Hope they get better soon! Jello or pediayte.
Hang in there!
~Elyse~

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

hope they are on the mend by now
I worked in kids ward so I did heaps of puke ... and the other end.

Are your trips toilet trained already - WOW.

Kelli said...

ohhh...I am the same way....I cannot handle puke AT ALL! ...ugh, reminds me of the days when all 3 of my boys had reflux, and that lingering smell would stay with me all day, only to realize i had old puke in my bra :o) Anyway....I sure hope that your little ones are feeling better....and that there is no more puke!

Also - I saw your montage at the pool....oh my goodness! Those pictures are great!

Everyone feel better!
Kelli

Amy Kilpatrick said...

Keep getting fluids in them, even if they throw it up...at least it won't be dry heaves! How are you & Jim? Have you steered clear? I hope everyone feels better soon. I've had my fair share of vomit this time around, so I know what you are going through! BTW, anything that stinks that badly should be soaked for a LONG time!