Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful day with your kids and your own mothers. I hope that today someone took the time to tell you what an amazing mom you are and if they didn't I'm telling you!

My day was pretty much the same as every other day my husband bought me a card which the kiddos gave to me this morning and that was the end of mothers day. It was back to laundry and naptime and the usual.

I've spent the whole day being mad or disappointed in Jim for not making the day special. He told me "your not my mom". I know that the kids are going to learn from his example and if it isn't a big deal to him than why should it be to them.

Tonight though I find myself thinking back to 4 years ago we had done a couple of rounds of clomid and they hadn't worked and Jim had just had his first semen analysis. We had just found out that we might never be parents. That was the worst mothers day ever for me, I couldn't imagine facing a day that just reminded me what I wasn't. Then there was the mothers day 3 years ago, we had just gotten the positive pregnancy test but not yet the confirmation from the dr. I had already miscarried from my previous IVF cycle and I didn't really know if this pregnancy would end the same way. I don't really remember feeling scared on mothers day that year though even though I hadn't told anyone other than my own mom I think I knew that I was going to be a mom. If only I had known then!!!

So I've decided that instead of being hurt or disappointed in my husband I'm going to try (please note I said try) to let those feelings go and just revel in the feeling of being a mom. This morning I woke up and there were three little beautiful wonderful beings there to greet me with smiles and hugs, this morning I woke up a mom, that my friends is the best feeling in the world even with the laundry and the whining and all the mundane things that I do. And even though no one uttered the words Misty your a good mom or thanks for doing what you do, I know that what I'm doing matters to my three blessings.

I also need to take some space to say Thank you to my own mom. She has been my hero for so long she made many sacrifice's and tough decisions concerning my brother and I and I can't imagine being nearly as strong as her or half as good of a mother. I'm so lucky because she is my best friend and my mom. She has a habit of telling people that they should be so lucky to have a daughter like me (ya she does this a lot it's a little embarrassing) but really everyone should be so lucky to have a mom like mine. Was that hard to follow? Sorry.

Mom, thank you so much for making me the strong person that I am and helping me through all my hardships. Thank you for supporting me and listening to me with a full heart no matter what. Thank you for helping me survive infertility and a triplet pregnancy. Thank you for taking such great care of me and I pray that I never have to know first hand how tough my pregnancy was on you. Thank you for being the best grandma in the world and loving my kids as much as you love me. You are AWESOME!!!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

6 comments:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Hugs - I sympathise with you .Misty you are a fantastic mom one day they will thank you for doing what you do.

I couldn't agree more about my three (four) blessings.
My boys are IVF too and after I lost my little girl I never thought I would get pregnant again.

I can say too , I honestly felt a little annoyed with my husband too - I got a card and some tealight candles (I did ask for a new shirt)top -thats all).

A lovely tribute to your mom too. She has a good reason to be so proud of you.

My Little Drummer boys

Dorinda said...

I think that's why Mother's Day comes before Father's Day since obviously he isn't your Father! Yikes, I'm sorry for the sentiment. Is he nice to his mother?

Happy Mother's Day to you - glad you have a good attitude!

Amy Kilpatrick said...

If it makes you feel any better, Jay said the same exact thing to me yesterday. Why is it so hard for them to understand that we are the mother of their children? PLUS, when they married us, they left their mother to be with us and start our own family. The acknowledgement that I am appreciated as the mother of his children (and the only person EVER who will give kids) would have been nice. Otherwise, the kids enjoyed giving me cards too.

Amber S. said...

Awww.... I hope you KNOW that you are an AWESOME mother James, Katie, and Abigail. Hang in there, girly, and know that you are loved - especially by those precious little "brats" of yours. ;-) HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY!

The Rogers Triplets said...

First of all you are fantastic and have been such a blessing to me...as I can imagine to a lot of other people as well.
Second, I'm right there with you. My first Mother's Day and I got 3 pairs of underware and some lotion from Victoria's Secret. I'm not sure what he meant by that? All I wanted was something that said "Mom" on it. I plan on returning it and buying something for myself that says Mom! Want to meet me at the mall?

Tripletblessed said...

Thank you all for your kind words.

Stef- tell me when you are ready we can really turn some heads at the mall with 2 sets of triplets!!!