Sunday, May 4, 2008

On the Farm

What a wild and crazy weekend we had. Yesterday my family had our 1st family cooking competetion at my uncles house and I won!!! I beat all the boys with their grills with my brisket yay me. There was so much smack talk going on it seems so right that I would beat them all.

We left the house right at nap time yesterday and let the kids sleep on the 45 minute trip which was fine they all did great with so little sleep. Then when we got there they were so excited to see the goats and donkey and even more excited to feed them leaves and sticks (we almost stripped the poor tree). Katie was very aprehensive but before we left she was finally feeding them as well.


Katie and Abigail decided they were spending the night with Aunt Linda and kept telling me over and over again it was time to go so we could get jammies and diapers. Only when we got in the car did I realize it was already 8pm! Wow the time flew by. We pulled onto our street and James who had now decided he was staying with Aunt Linda as well started telling me louder and lounder "no home mommy, Aunt Linda", I explained I was just running in and they informed me they would wait in the car. So we got to Aunt Lindas around 915 and when I left Aunt Lindas at 1030 (yes they were all still awake and behaving wonderfully), Katie decided she didn't want to stay so she was the only one to come home. However she did sleep until 930 this morning wow that has never happened. The other 2 slept until 830 and were all ready for a nap at 1.

Today we went to a birthday party and they had so much fun exploring all the toys it started a little sad for Abigail though she didn't want to give the present to the birthday girls.

They have eaten so much junk this week it is crazy!!! Now that Nanny is back in Colorado and we have no plans this week I can get us back on track and routine and life can get back to its normal chaos yay! I am potty training the girls. James has no interest what so ever and I just don't feel like pushing him he will when he is ready and heck I'm already going to save a fortune on diapers whats diapers for one!

They are really doing well with the PT Abigail refuses to wear panties which in itself is really funny and something we really have to work on this week. I have tried every kind of panty made and the child refuses, not only refuses but has more accidents with panties than without. So whatever we don't leave the house with bear butts so eventually she will come around right?


No comments: